a collection of certainly special, uniquely unusual, and equally momentous thoughts: memoirs of me

Sunday, March 27, 2011

A Beautiful Piece of Music

There are certain things in this life that feel sacred to me, things that I experience, listen to, or witness with my own eyes. During these brief moments it seems as if the veil is parting and I'm closer to the heavens. I can feel love more perfectly and simply than before. Seeing a newborn baby for the first time just moments after birth makes me tremble and cry. It is such a miracle. Listening to a mission call being read and the emotion coming from the future miracle-worker that is being called to labor in the vineyard. Walking into the celestial room each and every time. Watching Ballet West perform Swan Lake. Seeing an old man take his old wife's hand and looking into her eyes more in love with her than ever. Seeing a recent convert bear powerful testimony of the Restoration. A perfectly-timed hug on a day you desperately need it. A delicious dinner made with heart and eaten with precision and care around a large dinner table crowded with loved ones on an exquisite summer evening. Hearing a piece of music so perfectly crafted and knowing it was partly written with God's hand. These things are what I thrive for. They are the moments of full joy. They are inexpressible. I found one of those sacred things today. It's a song written by Ennio Morricone entitled Gabriel's Oboe for the movie The Mission and played on the violin by Yo Yo Ma. This song entered my heart and moved me, it touched me in a way I can't express in words. So here you go. I hope you feel something like I did. I hope you think this song is as beautiful as I do. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gO3XDO1hQsE

No comments:

Post a Comment