a collection of certainly special, uniquely unusual, and equally momentous thoughts: memoirs of me

Tuesday, March 8, 2011

I might be crazy...and I might be moving across the country

I'm not sure when the idea came to me to pick up everything and move across the county, live in a city I've only been to once, do something so on my own that I can't believe I actually have the capacity to do it.

But then again, I did that when I moved here to Rexburg to start college except I'd never once been to the frozen tundra campus of BYU-I.

I was a little uneasy then. I'm a little uneasy now. Luckily, the uneasiness is enshrouded by excitement and enthusiasm.

I graduate in 31 days. I move in 49. I leave Rexburg. I go to Washington DC.

It'll be unlike any other experience up till this point. New places, new people, new living conditions, new way to get around, new stores, new food, new ward.

I love adventures, you have to know that about me, and this will definitely be an adventure. I hope to be stretched and to grow. I hope to learn new skills and meet interesting people. I hope to expand my vision and do some good. I hope to see all I can see and go everywhere I can go. I hope to return a better and more educated person. I hope to serve and to learn.

So I guess this is where my memoirs really begin. A new start.

Memoirs of me and my undertakings.....however crazy they may be.


6 comments:

  1. Wow that's awesome Hannah! I really admire you. I would never be brave enough to do that all by myself and yet I'm a little jealous because you will have such an amazing experience!

    ReplyDelete
  2. i'm SOOOO excited for you!!!! i'm definitely going to have to come visit you! is it bad that i'm a bit jealous of you???

    ReplyDelete
  3. So, which internship did you get? I'm very excited for you!

    ReplyDelete
  4. So exciting!! I'm with Kiersten.....we will need to come visit you!! Love you, Hannah!

    ReplyDelete
  5. so glad I just blog stalked you to find this out. I think this is just evidence that I need to talk to you more often! That is so awesome you get to live in D.C.! Once again i'm gonna live vicariously through you on this one:)

    ReplyDelete