a collection of certainly special, uniquely unusual, and equally momentous thoughts: memoirs of me

Saturday, March 5, 2011

A Holy Experience

Amazing experience tonight. First time. Hope it wasn't the last. Cleaning the temple. A holy experience.

I didn't know what to expect when I showed up with a couple members of my ward at 9:45 pm. We dressed in awesomely attractive white jumpsuits and the other two girls and I headed to the 2nd floor with our manager. I'm not sure if I've ever vacummed so much in my life. It was a pleasure. My right arm might be sore tomorrow but all that vacumming time gave me plenty of time to think. There is so much to learn even while vacumming.

Of course you never find any sort of dirt while cleaning the temple. That doesn't matter. We clean anyway. The temple is cleaned every day, no matter what. Our lives should be the same. Even if we haven't accumulated any dirt throughout our day (which we always do) there is need for cleaning every night, no matter what.

I thought about what it means to clean the Lord's house. I wanted to make sure I covered every square inch. I didn't want to miss a single spot. This is the Lord's house. He walks the halls. He is found there.

There is no trace left behind that cleaners were even there. Even the very footprints are erased. Everything is made new for the next day. A new start. A refreshing start. A perfect start.

No comments:

Post a Comment