a collection of certainly special, uniquely unusual, and equally momentous thoughts: memoirs of me

Sunday, February 13, 2011

My Shining Stars

I have often felt that there are certain people sent to this earth to save me during particularly hard times. These friends have indeed been saviors in my life. They are the people who "get" who I am, who seem to really understand what I'm going through and what I'm feeling. These few special souls are all brillant women who love the Lord and have been examples to me. Now, I consider myself a lover of all people. I don't have enemies. Through all my years I'm made a lot of friends, but these five women are so special to me that I would cross an I-beam for them. If I were to pass away prematurely I would hope that these five women would take my daughters as their own and teach them what I could not. I would trust them forever.
Amanda- A friend since 4th grade. She knows what I went through in my teenage years with my parents divorce. She taught me the importance of keeping in touch with those from younger years. She's taught me the importance of frugality and hard work. She's been there through all the hardest trials of my life. She is a part of my "home" in Utah and one of the few people I make a priority to see when go home to Orem.




Kiersten-My first dear friend I made in college. We met as FHE sisters my second semester and then lived together the next. Kiersten is a couple years older than me and I have always looked to her as a source of strength and courage. She is wise. She knows how to comfort me because she's gone through similar experiences. She's always on my side. She knows and loves my goofy side. She's taught me hope and patience no matter what life brings. She lets me vent at any time of the night or day.






Natalie-Natalie and I lived together after Kiersten left and got married. We have so much in common. We dreamt of the time when we could both go to the temple together and would talk about what it would be like. We looked forward to it so much. I will never forget the first time we got to go to a session together. It was a sacred time. Natalie introduced me to my first love. Her work ethic is astounding. She is so kind and gentle. I love her compassion for others. I love her generosity.





Monica- Monica might know me better than anyone else. We served together on the mission for six months and lived together for three semesters when we got home. We were powerful together as companions. Monica loved me even when I didn't deserve it. She loved me in the hardest times of my mission. She taught me real missionary work. She taught me love, real love. She also taught me the importance of laughter. More often than not we had to stop our car on the side of the road till we got our laughter under control. We share volumes of hilarious memories as well as some of the most sacred memories I've yet to experience. Monica is the epitomy of a true friend and would sacrifice anything for me. I would trust her with my life.





Courtney- Courtney and I bonded immediately. We only shared three months together as roommates but I know we'll be eternal friends. I could talk to her forever. I love Courtney's diligence and hard work. I love her creativity. I love her because she has the same size feet as I do and would let me borrow her shoes. I love her maturity and her class. She's taught me persistence. She's one of the few people I can be completely silly and goofy around and who actually laughs along with me when I'm hyper in that way. I can't wait to see her someday when we're both married and have kids. She will be an incredible mom.

I am thankful for these saviors in my life. I know they were brought into my life for a specific reason. I'm grateful for the Plan of Salvation that makes it possible for these beautiful people to be my friends for eterntiy.

2 comments:

  1. ok that brought tears to my eyes. i love you my hannah! i hope you know that i feel the same about you!!

    ReplyDelete