a collection of certainly special, uniquely unusual, and equally momentous thoughts: memoirs of me

Saturday, February 12, 2011

Application time

I officially applied for graduation yesterday. For some reason I thought it would be more climatic. I had envisoned in my head some sort of celebration tune ringing through the Kimball as I approached the Records and Registration window with streamers and whistles blowing, students nearby applauding me as I took the application form and filled it out, heralding my accomplishments. Not so much. In fact, when I got to the window the guy told me the whole thing was done online now. I pulled up a chair nearby, whipped out my computer and logged on. Come to find out the whole process took me about 1.5 minutes. Done. The most stressing part was looking over my name about a bajillion times making sure it was typed correctly so as to be printed correctly on my diploma. My cap and gown was bought, my department was chosen and I was done. No celebration tune, no applauding students nearby. Oh well, maybe those things will be there on April 9th. I'll just have to wait till actual graduation day.

No comments:

Post a Comment