a collection of certainly special, uniquely unusual, and equally momentous thoughts: memoirs of me

Friday, February 11, 2011

the beginning

I never thought I would do this. I seriously never thought I'd do this. In fact, I promised myself I would never do this. And yet I'm here. I'm blogging. Yes world, this is me the blogger.

A couple months ago I realized I was entering a "frontier" as President Clark would say. I have been in this place for so long. I have grown, I have struggled, I have experienced so much. And now I'm preparing to leave. In fact, I'm preparing to move across the country.

With so many beginnings, new beginnings, I've felt the need to record some of my thoughts, feelings, and impressions.

But first, a little about the newest blogger on the block. All of the normal introductions can be somewhat of a bore so instead here's just some of the most random tidbits of my unique self:

I secretly want to conquer the world. One of my favorite hobbies is talking to rather large groups of Mexican men sipping their Coronas and standing around the bed of some truck. Someday I want a guy to feel about me the way Stephen Speaks feels about his girl when he sings Out of My League. I recently discovered the joy of cruiser bikes and now want to own one of every color of the rainbow. Where do homeless people get the cardboard and black sharpies from? And why do they always use cardboard? Sometimes I really feel like I’m Truman from The Truman Show and the entire world is not only in a conspiracy against me but is watching me every second of the day...that’s why I’m planning an escape...on my cruiser bike. I can throw a football better than most guys. Don't be scared. My personal motto is "Do as the natives do." The older I get the more I realize how prominent the voices of my parents are in my head. If you want to torture me tell me to run a marathon. I think people who purposely create drama are lame. I love to iron and could do it for hours. In fact, I love it so much I usually end up ironing all my roommates stuff just so they don't walk out the door in wrinkly clothes. If I could eat CafĂ© Rio every day for the rest of my life I’d die perfectly happy. I will own the perfect beach house someday with a private volleyball net and spot light (for playing after sunset) and giant freezer fully stocked with otter pops..lots of greens and pinks. Choosing a card to give with a present is possibly my least favorite chore in the world. I am always planning my next adventure to some remote place in the world. You will never hear me use the phrase “bear with me” in a Sacrament meeting talk I give. I think it’d be really cool to wear the yellow jersey at the top of the Alps. When I was four I had the chickenpox. I also told people I was handicapped because I have a deformed toenail on my right foot. Skinny jeans are ugly. In and Out is a fad. My name is a palindrome. I love to live. I think life is vibrant.

Stay tuned.....

2 comments:

  1. OH my gosh Hannah this is so funny! You should go to my blog and look at the very first post title... it's almost creepy. Anyway, I love you lots and am really excited you finally gave into blogging :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love this. I love the description of yourself. And I love you.

    ReplyDelete