a collection of certainly special, uniquely unusual, and equally momentous thoughts: memoirs of me

Wednesday, May 4, 2011

This is my now

I run up the street and hop onto a bus. I head underground and get on the metro. I watch all the interesting people around me. I walk two blocks crossing three streets and through a park to a tall office building. I walk through a revolving door and swipe a card in an elevator. I arrive at my office. I sit down at my own desk, with my own computer, which has my own company email.

This is sweet. This is my now. I’m here, I’m really here. This is my life. And I love it.

Where I am now is the antithesis of where I was just a couple weeks ago. Before I lived in a small town with a slow pace, few stores, and few things going on.

It’s all different now. There is a hustle and bustle even in the air. It takes me at least 45 minutes to get to work. I pass people of all colors and races. I take a metro to work for heavens sake.

I was never born to live in a place like I did before. I was born to live in a place like this. I love the life all around me, the people coming and going, the ambition and drive I can feel.

There will most definitely be hard times ahead, those times always come. But I’m ready. There will be amazing times as well. I was prepared by an institution I’m proud of which trained me and made me ready for this.

This is my now. I am breathing in the moment.


Metro

The park I walk through

What it looks like coming out of the metro near my work


2 comments:

  1. i seriously get chills just reading this! I LOVE IT! i'm SO EXCITED for you! ack! you're in the big city!!! HOORAY! i'm going to need a phone call from you soon to hear all about it! love you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You are such a good writer...and im so jealous of your life. haha I miss you!

    ReplyDelete