a collection of certainly special, uniquely unusual, and equally momentous thoughts: memoirs of me

Friday, May 20, 2011

Better Luck Next Time

There’s a frozen custard shop around here that I’d heard of even before I came. I’d seen it in people’s pictures or read it on their statuses and I actually got to go for the first time the other night. Sorry to say, I was unimpressed. However, I must first say that I’m not an ice cream person in the first place. It just doesn’t do a lot for me. Give me a good cookie and I’ll be in heaven but ice cream either has to be amazing in flavor or have a lot of toppings for me to really enjoy it. Needless to say, the Dairy Godmother didn’t have either of those things. They are known for their frozen custard (the only flavors they have are vanilla, chocolate, and a flavor of the day) and most recently because President Obama gave their little shop a visit and sat in one of their chairs. Taking a picture with that chair was probably my favorite part of the whole experience. It was nice chatting with some friends and eating something cold, and I’m glad I can now say that I’ve been to the infamous Dairy Godmother but if it’s up to me I probably won’t be back soon. Sorry Dairy Godmother, you just didn’t capture my heart or turn on my taste buds. Better luck next time.




No comments:

Post a Comment