a collection of certainly special, uniquely unusual, and equally momentous thoughts: memoirs of me

Friday, April 1, 2011

Loving life, walks and parks

There was a high of 61 degrees today in Rexburg. The sun was shining the entire day. Blue skies and a whole lot of radiance. My roommate and I went on a walk after I got home from work. My first walk of the year. My first walk in spring. I love walks. We talked about life and hope. We talked about what spring represents and how it brings to life all that was dead during the long winter. The wind blew through our hair which I didn’t mind. I love wind.

I thought about all the things I’ve done, all the memories I have, just at Porter Parker. The summer days I played ultimate or football on the green grass, the FHE bbq’s under the pavilions, the walks and the runs around the path, the talks with friends in the shade of the trees, the dates swinging on the swings, the fateful bench that I avoid with my eyes, the simple time I’ve spent there just thinking about what God has planned for me.

Tomorrow is General Conference. Tomorrow we get to listen to God’s prophets. This will be the first time in my whole existence (not counting the three General Conferences on my mission) that I won’t be at home. I’m excited to hear what they have to say and get the answers to the questions I’ve been pondering. I always wonder if this will be the General Conference where they announce something big, like the gathering at Adam-Ondi-Ahman or the mission of two prophets to Jerusalem. I want to be listening when that time comes. Even if there’s not anything that big I know their words are very important. I’m grateful for a mother who sat us down in front of the TV, even for both Saturday sessions, and encouraged us to listen. Doing anything else was not an option. It taught me that General Conference was a top priority. So tomorrow I won’t be in the library or worrying about my homework, at least until later, because I want to hear their words and see what they have to say to me, to Hannah.

Life is good. Life is complete. In one week I graduate from college and there will be no more tests or papers or worrying about group projects. In 26 days my life changes dramatically and I move to DC.

Life is crazy. I am in love with life.

No comments:

Post a Comment