a collection of certainly special, uniquely unusual, and equally momentous thoughts: memoirs of me

Tuesday, April 26, 2011

Some of my most precious

Starting a new phase of life usually means saying a lot of goodbyes at the same time. I'm not very fond of goodbyes. In fact, I hate them. I hate knowing I won't be able to see that person for months or years or perhaps longer. It makes me sad knowing I won't be able to see people grow and develop, or see my friend's kids grow up and start walking and talking and going to school, etc.

I consider my closest friends personal angels in my life, people who have influenced and shaped me and touched my life for good. I really value my friendships and try to always be the one who makes the effort to ensure they remain intact. Friends have been saviors and helpers and shoulders to lean and cry on.

Most people come and go in a lifetime but occasionally we find a person here and there who sticks out and changes our life for the better. Those people gain a portion of our heart. You'd be willing to do anything for them at a moments notice.

So here's to you my dearly beloved friends. I couldn't have made it to this point of my life without you.


Thank you McKayla for being one of the cutest girls on the planet. I met you when you were three weeks old. Now you're running and talking and only get cuter every day. I love you and your mom to death.

Carson I was in the hospital when you were born and met you when you were only minutes old. Your smile always makes me smile. I love your long eyelashes and full head of hair. You will be a heartbreaker when you're older.

Veronica, we only had three months to get to know each other during the semester that we lived together but I will forever cherish those times. Your blunt comments went right along with my sarcasm and your sincere generosity and listening ear made my life easier during a semester when I almost went crazy. Thank you. You will be forever gorgeous in my book.

Ryder you turned one today! You are always a pleasure to be around. You are happy, cheerful, smiling, and loving. Whenever I pick you up you put your head on my chest and smile. I love you for that. Your big sister Brilynn wasn't around to take a picture with but I love her just as much. She's all girl and her sassy attitude makes me laugh. You are both delights and your mom I will love forever!

Kiersten, there aren't words to describe how much you have done for me. I can only say I love you to infinity and beyond.

Natalie, you are a constant source of light and encouragement in my life and a wonderful example in all you do. Gosh, I love you.

Brittany, you will always make me laugh. Our study groups were a highlight of my semester. Britton, oh Britton, you are just amazing. I love you for understanding and being a constant example to me, and always being willing to help in any way possible. I intend to be friends for a very long time. Your influence has been grand.

Dearest Bob, I love the way you do things. I love that we could finally go to a Jazz game. I'm glad I got to share that experience with you and only you. I know you will do great things and that you'll always be there when I have an insatiable appetite for Buffalo Wild Wings. I promise we will go together again someday.

Dear most fantastic US Con Law study group, thanks for making me laugh incredibly hard every time we got together. Those times are important to me. I will never forget the hours we spent at the Cafe McKay, or the times before class, or the minutes spent in our semicircle. Those were the absolute best of times. We still need to make our rap.

Dear Heidi, there has always been something special about you. The spirit you carry, your kind words and understanding eyes have been a help. I could not believe your ability to magnify your calling when you were my counselor. You helped me more than you will ever know. I will forever love you and be grateful for your service. You are a kindred spirit indeed.

Tyler and Alex, oh how I wish we would have met each other earlier. I know there would have been a million more fun times and good laughs. I'm glad we got to experience graduation all together. Thanks for your spiritual apartment that was a getaway for me during stressful times.

Sometimes I get frustrated with language. I get frustrated that there aren't words to describe how I feel or the ability to express what's going on inside. This is the best I can do.

There are so many other friends that I'm leaving and already missing. I hope you all the best. Know that you each mean so much to me. I consider you family and look forward to the day we will be reunited once again. I will rejoice when that day finally comes.

2 comments:

  1. this makes me want to cry because i miss you and want to see you SO BAD right now! i love you my baptist hannah! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. The day after you left I was kicking myself for not having Kyle take a picture of the two of us. Why does that always happen- Maybe because whenever I think about it I either am pregnant or just had a baby. Next time when I see you, if I look good then we need to get a picture of us together. Good luck on the drive. McKayla was asking about you all day after you left! I love you!

    ReplyDelete