a collection of certainly special, uniquely unusual, and equally momentous thoughts: memoirs of me

Wednesday, November 30, 2011

sometimes

sometimes I leave work, take the metro and then the temple shuttle all the way up to Maryland to attend a temple session

sometimes by the end of the session I'm really really tired, having worked an entire day and attending the temple right after

sometimes I get really nauseous riding on the metro especially when I'm hot

sometimes the metro breaks down or a door won't close and we have to sit on the tracks while I freak out knowing I'm going to miss my bus by seconds, the bus that only comes twice an hour this time of night

sometimes it's freezing outside and windy and the last thing I want to do is stand at my bus stop for 29 minutes and 30 seconds and wait for the next one, especially when I don't have a good book in my purse at the time

sometimes I get off one stop later at Pentagon City and splurge

yes sometimes I splurge and take a taxi about two miles to my apartment and pay $8 to do it

and sometimes that $8 is the best money I've ever spent

No comments:

Post a Comment