a collection of certainly special, uniquely unusual, and equally momentous thoughts: memoirs of me

Wednesday, November 30, 2011

Material possessions

10 material possessions I'm grateful for:

1. my sewing machine: I had it shipped cross country and I've never been happier to have it back in my possession.

2. a comfortable and cute and warm bed: I know there are millions of people out there who don't have one of their own and never will. I count myself lucky that I do and that it has the cutest eclectic quilt on it in the world.

3. my Banana Republic jeans that fit perfectly: every girl needs a pair. Nuff said.

4. my collection of scarves: always the perfect touch.

5. my Droid smart phone: what I would do without it? I don't even want to imagine. My favorite app you might ask? the Spanish Mormon Channel or the one that shows me the constellations in the night sky. Pretty. dang. cool.

6. my collection of perfumes: I can blame my mom for this fetish but I love smelling good all the time. Nanette Lepore, Juicy Couture Couture, Versace Crystal Noir, and hopefully soon Armani Code and Dior Miss Cherie. All divine.

7. the wall hangings that adorn my bedroom: my hand carved board of the Mt. Timpanogos temple from a member of the church in Ecuador, a large framed H, and a picture of Christ.

8. my scriptures: these babies have been worn and read and handled and written in a lot, and I love that about them. On the leather cover you'll find my name embossed in gold and my missionary tag that reads Hermana Redford - La Iglesia de Jesucristo de los Santos de los Ultimos Dias.

9. my makeup: only a makeup girl would understand. The thought of losing that precious stuff is frightening. I love it because I love putting it on and I love how I feel with it on. That's that.

10. my special chapstick: I have to trust you to show this stuff. It's the best in the world and will cure any chapstick addiction there is. One application after teeth-brushing and that's it. It's gold. You know you're really my friend when I've confided to you what it's really supposed to be used for. 



2 comments:

  1. Ha! I know what kind of chapstick you use!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hannah!! I love this post!! I love that we love the same things. I love that you are getting the perfume I wear and that I got vanilla noir after I smelled it on you. You taught me about Mac makeup and I know what kind of Chapstick you use!! :) love you!

    ReplyDelete