a collection of certainly special, uniquely unusual, and equally momentous thoughts: memoirs of me

Wednesday, August 17, 2011

Oh how I love NYC


Have I mentioned that I’ve never had so much fun in my life?

The first couple months after moving here were rough, like moving to a brand new place always is. But then I made friends, and more friends, and more friends. I really started bonding with my roommates and loving them and doing more and more with them. I started feeling good and figuring out who I am in this big crazy town.

The adventures are endless here. Every day there’s some social activity going on. Every weekend people are going on trips to this place and that.

A couple weekends ago my roommates and I wanted to celebrate Katie Bell’s birthday and what better way to celebrate a girls birthday then a weekend trip to New York City? So that’s what we did.

Although I had been up to the city only a month before, this trip ended up being completely different with different sites and new delicious food.

We ate breakfast at Chelsea Market, which quickly became one of my favorite places ever. Not only was our panini-grilled cheese biscuit absolutely delicious but all the little shops selling different flavors of olive oil or sea salt, homemade jewelry and scarves, and homemade cupcakes, was all so fun to look at and dream of filling my future home with.





Other highlights included a quick trip to the Brooklyn flee market, a long stroll along 5th Avenue where I got my makeup done at Hendi Bendel, and seeing the Addams Family later that night.




However, the best part of the entire trip was a stop at Café Lalo, famously known as the café in You’ve Got Mail where Tom Hanks surprises Meg Ryan when she’s waiting for her online pen pal to show up. It’s the scene where she has the long stemmed rose and Pride and Prejudice waiting on the table. It was absolutely adorable and even quainter than in the movie. I ordered a crème brulee in a heart shaped ramekin. Our legs were tired, our feet achy, but sitting there in that fairy tale café with two gorgeous friends…it was one of those moments of bliss and happiness.





The only thing left to do on Sunday was go for a long walk through Central Park and with one more glance behind us we headed back to DC already planning our next trip to the Big Apple.

Have I mentioned that I’ve never had so much fun in my life?



No comments:

Post a Comment