a collection of certainly special, uniquely unusual, and equally momentous thoughts: memoirs of me

Friday, June 3, 2011

Simple Pleasures in Life

I first saw it the night we went to Café Rio. It was almost sunset and the light reflecting off the Potomac was glittering. We came around a bend and the Arlington Memorial Bridge was right there in front of me, in all its majesty. I knew I wanted to put crossing that bridge on my to-do list.

Conveniently, the Arlington Memorial Bridge connects Arlington Cemetery to the District of Colombia and leads directly to the National Mall. My lucky day.

Because the weather was perfect yesterday I decided to weather the bridge. For those who don’t know me you must learn that wind is my favorite weather condition. I think it’s magical even when my hair is down. When I got to the very center of the bridge it was like time slowed down. The wind was blowing through my hair. I took a panorama turn. Arlington Cemetery was to my left with the Lee Mansion up on the hill above it, the Kennedy Center was directly in front of me at which I’m going to see Wicked in a couple weeks (insert excitement here), I could see the Georgetown spires in the distance, to my immediate right was the giant Lincoln Memorial and Washington Monument, and with perfect timing, I saw Marine One (the Presidential Helicopter) soar overhead.


Can I say breathtaking? Yes I can.

It’s the simple pleasures really that just make my life.

1 comment:

  1. i found your blog!!! i am so excited about it. let's walk across the memorial bridge holding hands next time.

    ReplyDelete