a collection of certainly special, uniquely unusual, and equally momentous thoughts: memoirs of me

Wednesday, June 22, 2011

Just a little WWII

Adventure: World War II Memorial

My first weekend here in DC I was able to go to the WWII Memorial with my dad, stepmom, and some family friends where we enjoyed a performance from the Army Jazz Band. I will never forget that night. It was a perfect summer evening with a slight breeze and the concert lit my heart up and reminded me of the sacrifice of all those in the armed forces.

I love the WWII Memorial because it’s one of the few places in DC where I can find the word Utah engraved in something. Even though I’m falling in love with DC and it’s already becoming very much a part of me, I will always be a Utahn to my core. I’m a proud Utahn and a proud Westerner (although my wardrobe is very quickly becoming more East Coast day by day).



1 comment:

  1. Ummmm... I'm absolutely in LOVE with your skirt. Just so you know :) And I love reading about your adventures! DC is one of my very favorite cities in the world!!!

    ReplyDelete