a collection of certainly special, uniquely unusual, and equally momentous thoughts: memoirs of me

Thursday, January 5, 2012

Who I am


All of what I am has come from my testimony of the Restored Gospel and my membership in the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints.

My religion is not just what I do on Sunday when I go to church. My religion is me. It’s in my heart. It’s in my being. It’s in my blood.

So much of what I’ve become is from attending Brigham Young University-Idaho. I did not expect to go there but in a moment of spiritual peace and power the Lord let me know in His own personal way that I was supposed to attend the University on the hill, the one tucked into the no-man’s land of eastern Idaho, the one which defines itself as a disciple training center.

This is why.



I went because of men like this. No, President Hinckley didn’t attend BYU-I himself, but when he came on the campus to dedicate the building named after him he wept.

And I weep along with him.

These are my people. The people I survived sub-zero winters with. The people I attended devotional with. The people that inspired me. The people I adore.

No comments:

Post a Comment