a collection of certainly special, uniquely unusual, and equally momentous thoughts: memoirs of me

Thursday, September 8, 2011

Unity and Love

One year ago my brother married his sweetheart in the Los Angeles temple. They were sealed for time and all eternity through a man holding the priesthood of God.


Four years ago I went through the Timpanogos temple and received my endowment. I made sacred covenants with God that I would be obedient. I came one step closer to making all the required covenants needed to receive exaltation in the world to come.


In one year's time my youngest brother will go through the temple and receive his endowment in preparation to serve a mission for the Lord. It will be the first time we will be able to gather in the temple as a family all together. I can't wait for that day.

Today I visited one of my dearest friends, Amanda Harrison, in the hospital and saw for the first time her newest child, a little girl named Avery, the newest spirit brought to this earth. I held her other daughter McKayla in my arms and talked to her husband Kyle. Because Amanda and Kyle were sealed together in the temple of the Lord their beautiful and precious daughters will be theirs for time and all eternity no matter what happens on this earth.





The temple has been on my mind lately. Priesthood ordinances that bind families for eternity, covenants that require sacrifice and remind me of Jesus Christ, gathering as families in the temple of the Lord, unity and love which brings ultimate happiness and joy.

My heart has been full, almost to bursting. My appreciation has grown for the fortune of being born a member of the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints. I'm so glad my family is mine.

I await the day when I have the privilege of entering the temple hand in hand with my own sweetheart to be sealed to him forever. I await the day when I can create my own family unit, bound and sealed together for this life and the next. I await the day when I become a mother.

So I'll wait. I'll save myself for that special day knowing that it'll be all worth it, because it will be.


Click here to hear more of what I'm talking about.

1 comment:

  1. Hannah, I love your thoughts and you. I can't wait to be there with you on that special day in the temple!
    Aunt Nanci

    ReplyDelete