a collection of certainly special, uniquely unusual, and equally momentous thoughts: memoirs of me

Wednesday, September 7, 2011

Riding in a Jeep on a cool September evening


I experienced something new last night that's never happened to me.

I was riding through Provo laughing with my friend Scott Rowley in the back of his sister's Jeep Wrangler, enjoying the cool night air and reminiscing about our last semester in school and all the fun activities that we did together when..

BAM!!!

I was hit in the face with a water balloon.

Are you kidding me? Do people really do this kind of thing still?

I looked down and saw that my entire shirt front was soaking wet. My hair was sopping wet and my face was dripping. Even though the water balloon had hit me smack in the face Scott had been drenched too. Must have been a huge water balloon.

I guess I could have been mad and made the driver turn around so we could find the punks who still think that kind of thing is funny but instead I just erupted into laughter. Something got a hold of me and I couldn't stop laughing.

It was SO funny.

I couldn't believe that that had just happened. I mean, I've heard of people actually getting the idea to fill up water balloons, sit by the side of the road, and then throw them at unsuspecting passery-bys, but to actually get caught at the end of the prank was a very new experience.

There's only one person that I would've wanted to get hit by a water balloon with and that was Scott. He laughed right along with me.

In the four years I've known him we've had some great experiences. From mission prep in 2007, to Bro. Colvin's Spanish 302 class in 2009, to sledding at the dunes last winter, the Alphie Boe concert in the spring, and now to water balloon collision in the fall of 2011, Scott has been an amazing and dear friend.

Who knows what we'll get to experience together next? I'm sure we'll be laughing all along the way.


No comments:

Post a Comment