a collection of certainly special, uniquely unusual, and equally momentous thoughts: memoirs of me

Thursday, July 2, 2015

God is good

2014 was a really good year for me.

2015 is shaping up to be even better.

I left an amazing job for an even better one.
I finally got out of debt so my savings account is getting slightly bigger. 
I started dating someone who I adore and is so good to me.
I already have an international trip under my belt and maybe another one on the docket.
I feel confident about my body and my mind.
My friends are good and kind and plentiful.
I feel peace and comfort in my testimony of the restored Gospel amidst a lot of worldly turmoil.

See? Things are going real well.

Things are going so well in my life that I even hesitate saying it in fear that I might jinx my situation. I feel like most nights I kneel to pray and find myself expressing gratitude for the humongous blessings in my life, thankful that the trials have been few and far between. A tiny part of my brain wonders when the next hard thing will hit but I don’t dwell on that because I want to enjoy the good and I want to enjoy it right now.

More than anything, I know that God is good- He is oh so good.

A friend with an amazing blog said this and it resonated:

"I left the party feeling more in love with my little family, so thrilled about our life together, and ultimately, the speechless kind of grateful to my Heavenly Father for being so good. He is so good to the whole world. He is our Heavenly Father. I know that. He has each of us in His hands, and whether we like it or not, He's bound and determined to give us the sweetest lives." (Emphasis added)



1 comment:

  1. i love this post! it's always good to stop and be reminded that our Father in Heaven is mindful of us! LOVE YOU!

    ReplyDelete