a collection of certainly special, uniquely unusual, and equally momentous thoughts: memoirs of me

Friday, August 22, 2014

Sexy Black Wedges

I've desperately needed a new pair of sexy black wedges recently. And when I say desperately needed, I mean that I just went through a break up and shoes were the only thing that was going to make me feel better.

Desperate for new wedges also meant that I absolutely needed them by this Sunday so that I could feel sexy and back in the game. They were that necessary.

Monday I did some thorough research online and found the perfect pair. Black, high, and my favorite brand. I was willing to shill out $100 for these puppies but just before pressing BUY I decided I would wait till the next morning, just to make sure. I put my phone down and went to sleep, pretty proud of myself for being an adult and not completely indulging myself in this impulse buy.

The morning dawned bright and the first thing that crossed my mind were the shoes. I knew I had to have them so I grabbed my phone and went to the same website as the night before. BUT, to my utmost horror my shoes had sold out overnight. I couldn't believe it. I tried finding them anywhere else on the web to no avail. Saddened I gave up the fight and decided it wasn't meant to be.

Then Fate stepped in.

Anyone who knows me knows that my body loves to put me in uncomfortable positions that make me have to go to the bathroom at the most inconvenient times. So it was yesterday when I was driving through North DC and it struck. I knew I had to get to a bathroom quick but not being familiar with the area, panic started to set in. I darted through a side street vaguely aware that there were some stores a couple blocks east. I saw an open parking spot and proceeded to perform the worst parallel parking job of my entire life. They say the worst part of parallel parking is the witnesses and this time I had several passers-by who only laughed at my attempt. I didn't care. I needed to get to a bathroom quick. I threw my car in park, jumped out of the car, and started running down the street. Ahead I saw a DSW and ducked in knowing a store like that has free, unlocked, public bathrooms - just what I needed.

Barely made it. But making it is the only thing that counts in a sticky situation like this.

As I hurried out of the bathroom in a slight rush to get back to my horribly parked car, I zigzagged down a women's shoe isle and.....

(cue the Hallelujah chorus)

...the very last stack of shoes on that isle were the EXACT PAIR OF WEDGES THAT I WANTED.

Black. Sexy. Wedges.

My favorite brand. And they had my size.

But wait...

40% OFF!

Guys. I don't know if Heavenly Father has a sense of humor but I am absolutely positive that he knows his daughters and he knows when they need a new pair of sexy black wedges.


4 comments:

  1. That is awesome. I totally believe that it was meant to be. Now I just want to see a picture of these shoes!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This totally made my day! Yes indeed, beautiful evidence that God knows his daughters perfectly!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is amazing. Love those tender mercies.

    ReplyDelete
  4. BUT WHERE'S THE PICTURE?? As one shoe lover to another, you can't tell that magical story without the grand reveal at the end!

    ReplyDelete