a collection of certainly special, uniquely unusual, and equally momentous thoughts: memoirs of me

Wednesday, January 23, 2013

Alice's Adventures

I've said it once and I'll keep saying it, I get to do some pretty sweet stuff in this city, and last night topped the charts.

It was a night never to be forgotten. Katie and I got dressed up and braved the icy winds and sub-freezing temperatures for a night of ballet at the Kennedy Center. But this wasn't just any ballet, it was the Alice in Wonderland ballet.

Now I didn't grow up with Alice in Wonderland like Katie did. I've seen it a couple times but truth be told I wasn't even sure I remembered the story line before the performance started last night. That didn't matter because as soon as the curtain rose the story started and I didn't need to remember.


Let me put it this way, last night was easily one of the top five most amazing performances I've ever seen in my entire life. From the incredible talents of the ballerinas and ballerinos, the over the top stage sets that were several stories high, the whimsical and colorful costumes, the originally composed music, and the artistic choreography, well....I couldn't get enough of it. I smiled and smiled, electrocuted by excitement and entertained through all three hours of the show.



So if you get a chance, RUN...don't walk to see the National Ballet of Canada perform Alice's Adventures in Wonderland.



I promise it will not disappoint.






1 comment: