a collection of certainly special, uniquely unusual, and equally momentous thoughts: memoirs of me

Monday, June 29, 2015

reading kick

Some of the fantastic reads I've enjoyed recently:

This article on Ross Ulbricht and Silk Road – it may take an hour to read but it is so worth it. You may learn things about the internet that you had no idea even existed. Once you're done with the article (don't forget part 2!), make sure and Google Ross Ulbricht to see what happened to him but wait till AFTER!

This book on Thomas Edison and the invention of incandescent light. A fascinating read on how the light bulb changed the world.

These love essays from the New York Times. 

This blog - my favorite of all blogs -  which I’ve followed for more than five years. I feel like these people are my family and I would (creepily) like to meet them one day.

This article on the usage of commas. Just call me a nerd but I really enjoyed this one.

This blog post on the different YSA scenes around the US written by some normal Mormons called Normans. Can I say SPOT ON?

This book on the Atonement of Jesus Christ. I’m actually on my second back-to-back read of this one and it’s the perfect Sunday morning study.

This article on how to fall in love and 36 intimate questions to get there. 

This – the official opinions of the Supreme Court regarding same-sex marriage in the United States.

This blog written by a man who digitally home teaches the lost sheep in his ward each month.

This daily news update written by a perfectly snarky female. It gives me all I need to know in a brief, well-written, clever email every morning. 

In the queue:

This book about moms on the Upper East Side of New York City. Apparently some of them get bonuses if their husbands feel they’ve parented their kids well that year. Insane.

This Tumblr because I still get a kick out of every single post.

Let me know if you read any of these and then we can chat!




No comments:

Post a Comment