a collection of certainly special, uniquely unusual, and equally momentous thoughts: memoirs of me

Wednesday, November 14, 2012

Un-expectations

Sometimes when I'm browsing Pinterest I come across something like this:


And I laugh.

I laugh because it's ridiculous! It's ridiculous to push your body so hard that you would puke, faint, or die.

That doesn't make sense! Why would you do something like that to yourself? That can't be healthy.

So tonight I was at the gym working out with my trainer Joe (aka Joe the Rock) who is a literal magician when it comes to helping me fix everything I don't like about my body. He's kind but motivating. He pushes me just enough but not too hard. He encourages me to reach a little further and dig a little deeper.

And guess what?

I puked tonight at the gym.

Yes, puked.

We were almost at the end of the workout when I sat up from a particularly hard set and....just...lost..it.

For a second neither of us even realized what had happened. But then Joe saw the look on my face and the splatter on the floor, reached for the equipment wipes, handed me a couple, and turned away.

I was so embarrassed until he came back and told me that he'd seen worse come out of his client's bodies.

So sometimes you laugh at things on Pinterest. You laugh because they are so ridiculous.

And then they happen to you.


1 comment:

  1. oh my gosh Hannah! that's the worst-- so sorry that happened to you. Is it bad that I also kind of wish I was there to witness it? You need someone to laugh with right? :) I once fell off the treadmill at that gym. It holds special memories for both of us...

    ReplyDelete