a collection of certainly special, uniquely unusual, and equally momentous thoughts: memoirs of me

Monday, May 16, 2011

T.E.X.A.S.

This post is dedicated to my mission.

I returned from the beloved land of Texas two years ago Saturday and I still think of my mission every day. It is a part of what I've become and what drives me to be better in the future. I want to be better for the people listed below, because they loved me and because they took giant leaps of faith that I admire greatly. My mission was the hardest thing I've done in my life. I never worked harder for something or saw the hand of the Lord so clearly.

His miracles are real. He is real. This work is real.

There are not adequate words or blog space to record what I feel about mi mision. All I can say is that I loved it with everything I had.


My precious ones who I had the opportunity to see baptized.

Leti- You were my first and my closest still. You are my example now because of your service and dedication in your calling. You are strong and powerful. You loved me before I ever knew how to speak Spanish. You love me still and I love you back.


Sarah Eby


Alejando- If you only knew how much you've changed my life. Yours is still the story I tell everyone. I can't wait to find you again someday.


Paz- Your quiet gentleness and powerful strength made me happy to be alive.

Gabby- You did it! I'm still so proud.

Miriam Saldana

Eric- I can not take any credit for this moment. There were so many missionaries, generations, that waited till you were ready. I'm just grateful I got to be there on your special day. And more especially, be there when you baptized your own son Zach.

Zach


Luz- Your were like a girlfriend to me. I know you will do great things for your own family as you stay strong in the gospel.

Violeta- Oh my little spunky Oxaquena. You were beyond your years. I can only imagine the things the Lord has planned for you. I can't wait to see.

Maria- My dear Maria, you were truly a miracle. I knew that when my last transfer started I still needed to find you and I'm glad we did. Your courage was inspiring. Your baptism on my last night of my mission was a perfect ending. I couldn't have asked for anything more sweeter. I find strength in your valor.

Nicolas- You got baptized a couple weeks after I left but that's okay. Wherever in Mexico you are now I hope you stay strong. You taught me so much and made me laugh everyday.

Familia Quiztian- I knew you'd make it. I can only imagine what your baptism was like, the whole dozen of you on the same night. What a miracle! Isabel, the thought of you still makes me cry for joy. I loved being in your home and feeling your spirit. I love each and every single one of you. Your family will change generations.


Those who I will love forever and hope to one day see dressed in white:

Concepcion and Ramon- teaching you to pray was one of the most sacred nights in my mission. Thank you forever.


Runkels- You know how much I love you. The many evenings spent in your home are precious to me. You have no idea how much I desire your happiness. I hope to be reunited someday in the celestial room. I await that day. I know it will come.

My companions:

MTC: Hnas. Clifford and Wight

Trainer: Hna. Borgholthaus

Follow-up trainer: Hna. Trujillo

Sis. Green

Hna. Jenks- You taught me more than any other person on the mission. You loved me in my hardest of times. You taught me true charity. You taught me to be like the Savior. You will always be my best friend.



Hna. Ayoub

Hna. Carrillo and Kammerer



My mission president and wife, the Thurstons: you were truly my parents in Texas. I consider you family and will eternally be grateful for your wisdom, love, generosity, hard work and dedication, and testimonies.

Random pictures that I love:


My posterity: all the sisters I trained or were trained by those I trained

The famous four: we worked hard, played hard, and saw miracle after miracle.

Dallas Temple

Chicken Little

Some incredible members that I love

Texas Fort Worth Mission

classic Texas

Always true



One of my many unique Texas experiences, feeding a long horn

Only in Texas. Yep, those are beer cans

Love it.

A perfect characterization of my mission, tired but happy.

I will not forget any of you my precious ones. Don't worry, I'll be back soon because everything is greater in Texas.

No comments:

Post a Comment